R&D Roadmap & Team
In order to drive project deliverables that ultimately benefit the industry and economy in a long run, under the approval of APAS Technology Committee, an Enhanced R&D Project Development Process was established since September 2010. The Process confirms that all platform projects should align with R&D roadmap from technology development to productization, it also defines the competent criteria that the R&D team requires. Highlights as below:
- Each R&D team who would want to apply platform project under ITF funding, is required to identify and propose one or two technology focus areas, under the theme of the two APAS major technology foci: Vehicle electrification and Vehicle intelligence.
- For each identified technology focus area, the R&D team is required to assess the market potential, technology trend, competition, core competence to be built and the execution plan. The team is expected to possess strong expertise and technical competence in the proposed area(s), and is willing to commit in the long-term basis with devoted effort and resource.
- Further, the team is required to develop a set of roadmap, for each identified technology focus area, and to lay out the project development plan from the enabling technologies to products, application or services.
- The team is required to present the roadmap to APAS and APAS Technology Committee meeting. Once it is endorsed, the team shall take the role and responsibility to maintain the roadmap to reflect the up-to-date technologies and the market dynamics.
- The vetting process may review one or more project proposals at a time, and emphasize the project portfolio versus the approved technology focus area(s) and the corresponding roadmap, to ensure the proposed project(s) are well aligned to and serve the purposes of the roadmap.
- The approved technology focus areas along with the roadmap shall be made public by APAS. Any new R&D team when submitting a proposal is required to review the existing roadmap. If the team proposes a new technology focus area with roadmap, the process steps from (1) to (5) shall apply. Otherwise, the new team is required to follow the existing roadmap and compete with other proposals in the portfolio.
Please find more details in documents “Tech Focus and Roadmap Template” and “Enhanced R&D Project Development Process” in Download Area.